Performance Testing Of Sportsbook
Performance Testing of a Sports Betting portal: A leading sportsbook and an associated voucher payment provider
Client is a betting portal operating in different countries with millions of dollars in revenue. Sportsbook platform consists of Content aggregation system, Payment processing platform, Affiliate/agent management system, frontends and backends, volume of data being processed in the cloud, back-office tasks, Bet Settlement Engine, sports data providers, payment systems, and a front-end application for end-users.
ACUDAY successfully executed Load and Stress tests using JMeter (performance testing tool).
The scenarios and API’s that were performance tested are:
Key outcome delivered by ACUDAY
- Identified few potential functional issues during the planning and sanity checking phase
- Outlined list of performance bottlenecks relating to under sized resources for the given end user expectation, specific layers of application consuming more resources as such. Also, provided recommendations of the under used resources.
- This has resulted in about 32% savings on the overall expenditure of the Middle Layer and Database server
- Recommended possible improvement areas like enabling compression to reduce throughput and improve responsiveness, upscale the resources for specific layers of application to release contention, improve browser side caching to reduce static traffic.
This resulted in 85% reduction in size of Home Page of the Sportsbook and it resulted in improvement by 250% for the page load time, under a concurrent user load of 1000 users
Technical Expertise at ACUDAY
At ACUDAY, we have great expertise in performance testing and engineering domain with 15+ years of overall expertise in functional and non-functional testing arena. Over the years of experience, technical team at ACUDAY has harnessed hold on various technologies and tools that are spread across but not limited to
· Performance modelling for
o Cloud (AWS) and non-cloud applications
o Web and Mobile based solutions
o HTTP/HTML, REST API, Web Sockets, JSON, E2E Web Driver based
· E2E application performance monitoring and analysis
o Expertise with various industry leading licensed and open-source tooling like New Relic, Dynatrace, APP Dynamics, TruSight Cordiant, Zabbix, SiteScope.
· Licensed and open-source performance testing solutions expertise
o LoadRunner, JMeter, Locust.
ACUDAY’s Performance Testing capability
At ACUDAY, performance testing services are designed to meet your every need at any stage of the software development lifecycle to identify and outline effective performance bottlenecks early in your product development lifecycle.
We have expertise in application performance engineering and can help you in determining best approach and methodology for performance testing and validating your critical software solutions. Our testing strategy aims to develop realistic usage models to accurately simulate the virtual user traffic for a given web / mobile application, followed by careful analysis and correlation of the various key performance metrics collected at the client and server ends. We can help you in identification of performance bottlenecks and provide effective recommendations.
ACUDAY offers following key services (but not limited) under Performance Testing and Engineering discipline for cloud and non-cloud based application Performance Testing (Continuous and/or occasional)
With so many performance testing tools (proprietary and open source) available out in the market, choosing the right tool set is key for any performance testing engagement. Our performance testing expertise will be working closely with clients in identifying the right tool and approach.