Security Testing of a Sportsbook
Security Testing of a Betting Portal: A leading Sportsbook and an associated Voucher Payment provider
Client is a betting portal operating in different countries with millions of dollars in revenue.
Scope: To perform a complete Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VAPT/Dynamic Analysis) along with Source Code Assessment (Static Analysis).
We deliver the following test types for mobile apps
At ACUDAY, we perform the following security tests
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (Dynamic Analysis): Scan the application using commercial as well as open source tools to identify vulnerabilities in your Sportsbook and exploit the vulnerabilities to identify the Risk.
- Source Code Assessments (Static Analysis): Scan and Analyze the code for all the vulnerabilities using commercial as well as open source tools followed by a manual validation to eliminate False Positives.
Our Approach to Security Testing:
- Discovery – Understand (a) Business requirement, (b) Security and regulations & (c) Test objectives
- Plan – Conduct exhaustive analysis
- Design – List the vulnerabilities and risks and design tests and select the respective tools
- Execute – Conduct tests and provide score
- Report – Prepare a comprehensive report with POC’s (Videos) along with remediations and provide a walkthrough
In a nutshell, ACUDAY conducts scans to assess the external security of the Sportsbook as well as several breach-related business metrics and provide a comprehensive picture of the Sportsbook resiliency with a score. If a site’s RISK score is HIGH, it suggests that several standard security measures are probably not in place. A LOW score means the developers have given thought to web security and are taking steps to keep the Sportsbook data as private as reasonably possible.